Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Saturday Morning

 I woke up before anyone else on Saturday morning, and found my way downstairs in the quiet.  As I filled the tea pot, I noticed the Paper White a friend gave me for Christmas beginning to bud in the window, and I couldn't help but smile...


 And yes, once again I was struck by the beauty of the coffee bloom as the hot water bubbled up on the grounds inside the filter.  This time, my camera was handy.


"Do we truly stumble so blind that we must be affronted with blinding magnificence for our blurry soul-sight to recognize grandeur?"  -Ann Voskamp


It amazes me that I added water to a flower bulb placed on top of a string of plastic beads, and in four short weeks, a beautiful creation grew.  Saturday morning I was not too busy to notice, and to smile, and to enjoy a drink made out of beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment